If you are travelling around the world and want your trip to be pleasant and memorable, then you should make sure that you are well prepared before getting into that airplane. Here are 10 tips on how you can make your trip extra special and wonderful.
1. Prepare all the basic things that you will need for your trip. This includes your passport, plane tickets, money and credit cards.
2. Check the different countries that are in your itinerary and learn a few of the basic languages of the locals. You should learn how to say “hello”, “thank you”, “yes”, “no”, “please”, “sorry”, “good morning” and “good night”. It would be better if you learn a few other phrases too like “where’s the bathroom”, “where’s the hotel” and other things that you think may be important to your trip.
3. You should bring some medicines for common ailments too; although there are drug stores in the countries that you will be going to, you may be more adapted to your own brands of medicines. So be sure to bring along some medication for head aches, colds and fever.
4. You should also have some kind of an emergency kit. This should contain a head torch, flash light, strings, pins, can opener and the ever reliable Swiss knife. You never know when you will need these things so just keep everything handy and within reach.
5. Needless to say, you should bring a camera for capturing memories and beautiful views that are present all across the world. Always carry some extra batteries too as a low battery charge notice in the middle of a photo shoot can really ruin your day.
6. You should bring your laptop, cell phone, iPad and iPod but only use these devices in moderation. Remember to focus on your vacation as you will always have your cell phone, laptop and other paraphernalia when you get back home.
7. When leaving a place like a restaurant or a bathroom, be sure to check and double check the place to see if you have left anything behind. You should have a backpack for this purpose and just keep all your things inside your bag whenever you leave your hotel room.
8. If you plan to buy some souvenir gifts for your loved ones and friends back home, it will be wiser to make a list. You wouldn’t want to forget anyone and you can refer to your list often whenever you go inside souvenir shops.
9. Make a journal of all your adventures and trips. An online journal will be useful; or better yet you can create a travel blog especially for the trip.
10. And last but not the least… don’t forget to enjoy and have fun!!!