Moving to a new place can be stressful especially if you need to move to another city or another state. So here are 5 long distance moving tips to keep your sanity intact before, during and after the move.
1. Plan ahead of time. As much as possible, you should plan several months before the actual move. This will allow you to accomplish all the things that you need to do and wrap up all hanging business and personal transactions.
2. Check out long distance moving companies – you should get quotes from several moving companies so that you can compare their prices first.
3. Start packing your things – You can start packing your non-essential things ahead of time. So that when moving time is near, you only have a few things left to pack.
4. Garage sale – While starting to pack your non-essential belongings, you may notice that you no longer want to take some of your things to your new place. You can hold a garage sale to get rid of some of your things and make some extra money as well. Or you can also choose to donate some of your things to your local church or charity institution.
5. Pack your important documents separately – Your important documents should be packed in such a way that these are readily accessible. You don’t want to dig in through all of your stuff just to find a piece of document.
Keep all those tips in mind when moving to another city or state. By following said tips, you will minimize your stress in packing up and moving to a new place.
Disclaimer: I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.